Margarita Island Vacation Information:
Known in Venezuela as "La Perla del Caribe" (Pearl of the Caribbean) Margarita Island is Venezuela's top touristic destination and located on the Caribbean Sea. Some 430,000 people live in the island. In many ways Margarita Island is similar to Cancun, Punta Cana, Varadero and many other popular Caribbean destinations, white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and great weather make this place a good place to be when vacationing.
Margarita Island climate is hot and tropical with vast sunshine and almost no precipitation during the year. Temperatures on Margarita Island range from 26C in January to 31C in September, night time in Margarita Island is slightly cooler with temperatures dropping between 3 to 5 degrees.
Margarita Island has 106 miles of coastline and about 50 beautiful beaches scattered along, some crowded and some solitary and unexplored beaches. Playa El Agua is among the most popular beach in Margarita Island with 4 km of sandy shores to enjoy. Playa El Yaque is an excellent location for windsurfing, Playa Parguito is the perfect spot for surfing. Los Frailes, small group of rock islands located 12 km. north east of Margarita Island is ranked as the best area to dive, depths of about 25 meters make it safe to dive and fish.
Margarita Island Year Round Temperatures
Margarita Island Facts:
- Capital: Caracas
- Currency: Bolivar
- Driver's License: International license recommended. Depending on the rental
company, you must at least 21 to 25 years old, and have a credit card.
- Electricity: 110 V, 60 Hz
- Entry Requirements: A valid passport and an ongoing or return ticket are required.
Canadians do not need a visa for touristic stays, only a Tourist Entry Card, issued by
your airline, which is valid for up to 90 days.
- GMT Time: -4hr. Daylight savings time is not applied.
- Government: Federal Republic with a congressional system.
- Land size: 912,050 km2
- Language: Spanish and the Venezuelan dialect, called Castellano.
- National Airlines: Aeropostal, Avensa, Avior
- Population: 25,380,000 approx
- Religion: Roman Catholic 96%, Protestant 2%, other 2%
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: November through February
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Venezuela