Turks and Caicos Vacation Information:
Turks and Caicos are a group of sub-tropical islands in the West Indies. Caicos are the larger group of islands and Turks are the smaller group. The largest city is Providenciales located in the Caicos Islands with an approximate population of 22,500 and 36,000 in total in both Turks and Caicos. The capital of Turks and Caicos is Cockburn Town, located on Grand Turk Island.
Turks and Caicos offers its visitors world class hotels, spas, and restaurants, plus long stretches of uncrowded beaches with coral reefs. TCI assures you will relax on water or on land. Turks and Caicos has been blessed with beautiful beaches that allow you a great diving experience, snorkelling and fishing.
Providenciales covers an area of 38 miles and it is the most developed of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Providenciales offers modern and luxurious accommodation including luxurious hotels villas and condominiums plus a number of restaurants spas and shopping centers. World class golf courses are also available as well as water sports. You will find he most beautiful beaches on Grace Bay just north of Turks and Caicos, and this is where most of the tourism services. There are other attractions in the Turks and Caicos such as Bird watching, The Caicos Conch Farm the only sea farm in the world, two century old historic attraction Cheshire Hall, the Grand Turk Cruise Center, the Grand Turk Lighthouse, whale watching, Middle Caicos Caves are just a few of the many things to see and do in Turks and Caicos.
Turks and Caicos Year Round Temperatures
Turks and Caicos Facts:
- Capital: Cockburn Town, Grand Turk
- Currency: US dollar
- Driver's License: Either an international driver's license or a valid driver's license
is accepted. Must be 21 years old.
- Electricity: 110 V, 60 Hz
- Entry Requirements: We recommend a valid passport, but a certified birth certificate
and photo id is also accepted. Return or onward ticket required.
- GMT Time: -5hr. Daylight savings time is applied.
- Government: Overseas British territory
- Land size: 430 km2
- Language: English
- National Airlines: Air Turks and Caicos
- Population: 25,000 approx
- Religion: Baptist, Methodist, Anglican
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: January through April
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Turks and Caicos