St. Kitts Vacation Information:
St. Kitts & Nevis is a two island confederation in the West Indies, and the smallest of the Americas. The capital city of the island is Basseterre located on the larger of the islands.
St. Kitts & Nevis economy is mainly dependant on tourism agriculture and light manufacturing industries. Average temperatures in the island is a pleasant 26C year round, plus low humidity and white sand beaches and unspoiled natural beauty.
When visiting St. Kitts you can stay at Birdrock Beach Hotel with view to the Caribbean Sea, Royal St. Kitts Hotel and Casino offers affordable all-inclusive accommodation, St. Kitts Marriott Resort & Royal Beach Casino overlooks the Atlantic Ocean with more than 576 rooms to accommodate visitors, plus 8 restaurants and three lounges, and many more fine places to stay.
Also, visit Brimstone Hill Fortress in St. Kitts has an excellent view of 6 islands- Nevis, Montserrat, Saba, Statia, St. Martin and St. Barts and offers one of the greatest panoramas in the Caribbean. Ride the St. Kitts Scenic Railway for a panoramic tour of the most beautiful areas of the area. Pinney's beach is ideal for swimming and snorkelling one of the best beaches in the Caribbean with its reef protected waters.
St. Kitts Year Round Temperatures
St. Kitts Facts:
- Capital: Basseterre
- Currency: Eastern Caribbean Dollar
- Driver's License: A valid driver's license and a temporary driving permit of EC $50.00
must be purchased from the Police Department
- Electricity: 110V, 60Hz in hotels
- Entry Requirements: We recommend a valid passport, but a certified birth certificate
and photo id is also accepted. Return or onward ticket required.
- GMT Time: -4hr. Daylight savings time is not applied.
- Government: Constitutional monarchy with Westminster-style parliament
- Land size: 261 km2: St Kitts 168 km2 - Nevis 93 km2
- Language: English
- National Airlines: none
- Population: 39,000 approx
- Religion: Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Protestant), Rastafarian and other.
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: December through April
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade: Travel Report of St. Kitts and Nevis