Puerto Rico Vacation Information:
Puerto Rico is an island in the Caribbean and a self governing unincorporated territory of the USA. San Juan is the capital city of Puerto Rico, approximately 437,745 people live in San Juan, and there are about 4 million people living in Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico consists of the main island plus various smaller islands: Culebra, Vieques, Desecheo, Mona and Caja de Muertos. San Juan exports sugar cane, fruit, coffee and tobacco to the USA.
Tourists, locals and foreign have no problem driving three hours from San Juan to Boqueron Beach, after all the beauty of the place and friendliness of the people is worth the drive. The beach, a bit more than mile long has white sand and clear turquoise water, in the surrounding area people enjoy picnics, bike riding, play sports like basketball and in the water you can scuba diving, snorkelling and many other water sports. Near Boqueron, a place worth visiting is Los Morillos, which is a massive red colored limestone cliffs that drop two hundred feet in to the sea. Isla Verde Beach is a group of beaches that stretch for miles in front of luxurious resorts and modern high rise buildings, guesthouses, restaurants, clubs, nightclubs and private mansion.
One of the best things about Puerto Rico, is that there is party 24/7, people dance the night away to the beat of bomba y plena, salsa or reggaeton.
Puerto Rico Year Round Temperatures
Puerto Rico Facts:
- Capital: San Juan
- Currency: US dollar
- Driver's License: A valid driver's license is accepted for rental periods of less than
- Electricity: 110 V, 60 Hz
- Entry Requirements: A valid passport and a return or onward ticket is required.
- GMT Time: -4hr. Daylight savings time is not applied.
- Government: Commonwealth associated with the US
- Land size: 9,104 km2
- Language: Spanish, English
- National Airlines: Serves as the Caribbean hub for American Airlines
- Population: 3,920,000 approx
- Religion: Roman Catholic 85%, Protestant 8%, other 7%
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: December through April
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Puerto Rico