Italy Vacation Information:
Located on Mediterranean Europe, Italy is one of the top destinations in Europe. Italy has a population of over 60 million people. Rome is the capital city of Italy and it is also the largest city in the country.
Italy is rich in art and history and has the greatest number of recognized World Heritage Sites appointed by UNESCO. Italy is among the top most visited countries in the world, with an average of more than 40 million visitors each year. Italians are known for having excelled in the arts and sciences, people who visit Italy mainly go see museums, cathedrals, historical sites, ancient Rome enjoy Italian cuisine and the beaches.
Some of the highlights (there are so many in Italy) include the Roman Forum where Romans made important decisions, The Colosseum a massive amphitheatre, St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome, the National Archaeological Museum in Naples full of treasures from the Roman Empire, Brera Picture Gallery the place to see artistic treasures in Milan, Academy Gallery one of Europe’s great museums, The Leaning Tower of Pisa and many others interesting sites scattered all over Italy.
The cities not to be missed are Rome, Milan, Venice, Florence, Naples, Sorrento, and Genova, but it all depends what you want to see and do.
- Capital: Rome
- Currency: Euro
- Driver's License: A valid driver's license is accepted but an International Driving Permit
- Electricity: 220V at 50Hz
- Entry Requirements: A valid passport and a return or onward ticket required for stays
no longer then 90 days.
- GMT Time: +1hr. Daylight savings time is applied.
- Government: Republic
- Land size: 301,230 km2
- Language: Italian officialy; minor German, French and Slovenian
- National Airlines: Alitalia
- Population: 58,147,733 approx
- Religion: Roman Catholic 90%, other 10% (Protestant, Jewish, Muslim)
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: April to June, and September to October
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of
What's the weather like in Italy?
|Rome Year Round Temperatures
Map of Italy