Honduras Vacation Information:
Honduras is another Central American country bordered by Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua and with access to the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Hondura's capital city is Tegucigalpa; the country has an estimated population of 8 million people.
Honduras is hot and humid almost the entire year. Temperatures in Honduras vary by altitude rather than season. The average temperature in Honduras fluctuates between 32C and 20C.
One of the many attractions in Honduras is Roatan an island off the coast of Honduras, this island offers a totally different world from the rest of Honduras. The island is rich in history and it was a reason for dispute between the Spanish and the English for control of the island during colonial times. Roatan is easily accessible by plane, three airlines cover the route from the mainland to the island, Roatan is also served by ferry.
Accommodation in Honduras is varied from luxurious hotels and resorts to affordable guesthouses, bed and breakfast and houses offering rooms for rent. High season in Honduras is happens on national holidays and the dry season from January to June.
Other attractions in Honduras include the Mayan ruins of Copan, Hacienda San Lucas near Copan and previously mentioned Bay Islands of Roatan being the most popular of the set of islands.
Honduras Year Round Temperatures
- Capital: Tegucigalpa
- Currency: Lempira
- Driver's License: A valid driver's license, from your country of residence, is accepted
for rental periods of less then 30 days.
- Electricity: 110 volts, 60Hz
- Entry Requirements: A passport, valid for 6 months beyond intended stay, is required. Canadians can stay for up to 30 days without a visa. Return or onward ticket required.
- GMT Time: -6 hr. Daylight savings time is not applied.
- Government: Democratic Constitutional Republic
- Land size: 112,090 km2
- Language: Spanish, Amerindian dialects
- National Airlines: Islena Airlines, Atlantic Airlines and Aerolineas Sosa
- Population: 7,326,500 approx
- Religion: Roman Catholic 97%, Protestant 3%
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: November through April
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Honduras