Grenada Vacation Information:
Grenada is an island country in the south east of the Caribbean. Known as The Spice of the Caribbean tourists will be fascinated by the scents of vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. As a matter of fact in Grenada, there are more spices per square mile than anywhere else in the planet. St George's is the capital city of Grenada, and one of the most colourful city in the Caribbean.
Grenada is filled with well preserved examples of its English, French and West Indian heritage, the streets of St. George's features French and British colonial architecture. Grenada also has beautiful beaches such as Grand Anse Beach one of the most stunning of the Caribbean, sugar-white sand all 3 km of it with clear waters and palm trees.
The climate in the island of Grenada is very pleasant, temperatures average from 24 to 30 degrees Celsius, lower temperatures are felt between the months of November to February.
Grenada is accessible by air and sea, a number of cruise lines stop at either St. George's in Grenada or Hillsborough in Carriacou. Point Salines International Airport serves all international flights to the Grenada.
Main attractions in St. George's include the Anglican Church, Market Square where colourful dressed women sell produce, Fort George built by the French located at the entrance of the bay, Nutmeg the best spot to have a drink, the Grenada National Museum built on the foundations of an army barrack and prison.
Grenada Year Round Temperatures
- Capital: St George's
- Currency: Eastern Caribbean Dollar
- Driver's License: We recommend an international driver's license, and a local driving
permit of EC $30.00 must be purchased when vehicle is delivered. Must be 21 years old.
- Electricity: 220 V, 50Hz
- Entry Requirements: A valid passport and return or onward ticket is required.
- GMT Time: -4hr. Daylight savings time is not applied.
- Government: Independant democratic nation within the British Commonwealth.
- Land size: 344 km2
- Language: English, French patois
- National Airlines: none
- Population: 101,400 approx
- Religion: 53% Roman Catholic, 33% Presbyterian, 14% Anglican
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: December through May
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Grenada