Costa Rica Vacation Information:
Costa Rica is located in Central America and it is bordered by Nicaragua in the north and Panama in the south, the Pacific Ocean in the west and the Caribbean sea in the east. San Jose is the capital city and the country’s population is estimated at 4.5 million people.
Costa Rica is characterized for its wildlife, rainforest and beaches. There is something for everyone in Costa Rica, active travelers can enjoy surfing, hiking, snorkeling and its wildlife. Since the mid 1990’s when Costa Rica became a favourite destination in Latin American, Costa Rica has seen close to two million visitors a year. Costa Rica offers eco-adventure and eco-tourism plus beautiful beaches with luxurious resorts, golf courses and spectacular hotels. Next is a list of the best beaches Costa Rica offers in the more than 1,200 km of shoreline in the Pacific and Caribbean coasts: Playa Samara, Playa Carrillo, Playa Barrigona, Playa Buen Vista and others.
Playa Tambor is a highlight in Costa Rica, the area offers a five star resort in Playa Tambor-Puntarenas on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula. Playa Tambor is a perfect spot for sunbathing, a variety of water sports, golf, sport fishing, mountain biking and other activities.
Liberia is the starting point for exploring the region of the Guanacaste province known for its active volcanoes, its hiking trails, rainforest and waterfalls and it is an outstanding nature destination.
Costa Rica Year Round Temperatures
Costa Rica Facts:
- Capital: San Jose
- Currency: Colon
- Driver's License: An international driver's license is recommended but your current
driver's license is valid for the first 3 months. Must be 21 years old.
- Electricity: 110 V, 60 Hz
- Entry Requirements: A passport, valid 6 months beyond intended stay, and an
ongoing or return ticket are required.
- GMT Time: -6 hr. Daylight savings time is not applied.
- Government: Democratic Republic
- Land size: 51,100 km2
- Language: Spanish, some English
- National Airlines: Sansa, Nature Air
- Population: 4,244,093 approx
- Religion: Roman Catholic 76%, Evangelical 14%, other 10%
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: December through May
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Costa Rica