Cayman Islands Vacation Information:
Cayman Islands are one more of the many British territories in the western Caribbean. The capital city of Cayman Islands is Georgetown and the largest city in the island, the population of the Cayman Islands was estimated in 2006 at 56,000 people.
Cayman Islands are known as a center of the financial services industry, and it is the fifth largest banking center in the world, the success of the Cayman Islands is largely due to the concentration of top quality service providers.
The Cayman Islands are also favourite vacation destination, the main attractions there are Seven Mile Beach one of the best beaches in the Caribbean, free of litter with powdery sands offer excellent accommodation in luxurious resorts, and shops; Rum Point is a secluded beach about 40 km north of the capital city Georgetown, the main characteristic of this beach is that is shaded by trees, the water is calm and great for snorkelling; Point of Sand located in the south east tip of Little Cayman is the most beautiful beach of the island and also great spot for snorkelling.
All three islands that make up the Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman) offer scuba diving, and in some snorkelling locations tourists can swim with stingrays.
Cayman Islands Year Round Temperatures
Cayman Islands Facts:
- Capital: George Town (on Grand Cayman)
- Currency: Cayman Islands dollar
- Driver's License: A valid driver's license and a temporary driving permit of US $7.50
must be purchased. Must be 21 years old.
- Electricity: 110 V, 60 Hz
- Entry Requirements: We recommend a valid passport. An official birth certificate and
photo id are accepted. Return or onward ticket required.
- GMT Time: -5 hr. Daylight savings time is not applied.
- Government: Self-governing British Overseas Territory
- Land size: 262 km2
- Language: English
- National Airlines: Cayman Airways
- Population: 45,436 approx
- Religion: United Church (Presbyterian and Congregational), Baptist, Anglican, Church
of God, Roman Catholic, other Protestant
- Requirred Vaccines: none
- Tourist Season: December through April
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Cayman Islands