Barbados Vacation Information:
Barbados is located on the east of the Caribbean Sea, and is belongs to the West Indies in the Western Atlantic. Barbados’ capital city is Bridgetown, the population of Barbados last year (2009) was estimated at 284,589 people.
Due to its favourable location in the Caribbean and infrastructure developments, Barbados has become one of the top touristic destinations foe vacationers looking for sun, fun, and beach. Internationally known hotels offer excellent accommodation for visitors. Barbados is a safer destination with much less violence and crime than say, Jamaica. Barbados still keeps much of the English traditions from back in 1627, there is still a statue of Lord Nelson on Bridgetown’s Trafalgar Square. The afternoon tea, cricket, and the British accent can be heard in many of its Bajan population.
Barbados is surrounded by beautiful sandy white beaches and turquoise and aqua waters, reason enough to keep visitors returning. Accommodation is available at Cobblers Cove Hotel and Coral Reef Club on the West Coast, south of Bridgetown you can stay at Hilton Barbados, Turtle Beach Resort, Little Arches, Amaryllis Beach Resort and The Savannah are just some of the hotels and resorts in the area.
You can also explore Harrison’s Cave, visit the Andromeda Botanic Gardens, the Flower Forest, the Orchid World, the Sunbury Plantation House and many more sites. At night, you head to Baxters Road, where there is always something going on, one of the most popular place on Baxters Road is Patsy’s a bar on the strip frequented mostly by the younger crowd. Worth a visit are Boatyard Bar & South Deck Grill, Harbour Lights, all in Bridgetown, if you head south visit Cafe Sol, Plantation Theatre Restaurant, the Ship Inn or Bubba’s Sports Bar the biggest and best in Barbados.
Barbados Year Round Temperatures
- Capital: Bridgetown
- Currency: Barbados dollar
- Driver's License: International license recommended. Must be 25 years old and have a
credit card. A visitor's permit of BDS $10 must be purchased when the vehicle is delivered.
- Electricity: 110V, 50Hz
- Entry Requirements: A valid passport is required and it must be valid for the entire
length of stay.
- GMT Time: -4hr. Daylight savings time is not applied
- Government: Independant parliamentary democracy within the Commonwealth.
- Land size: 431 km2
- Language: English, Bajan dialect
- National Airlines: Barbados is an international gateway for both LIAT and BWIA
- Population: 279,254 approx
- Religion: Anglican 50%, Protestant 32%, Roman Catholic 6%
- Requirred Vaccines: None
- Tourist Season: November through May
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Barbados