Bahamas Vacation Information:
Officially the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, is an English speaking nation made up of 29 islands, 661 cays and 2387 islets. The capital city of the Bahamas is Nassau and this is also one of the main touristic destinations in the Caribbean. Nassauís population is estimated at 330,000 people.
The main economic activity in the Bahamas like in other Caribbean islands is the tourism industry; the Bahamas is blessed with beautiful beaches and turquoise waters. Among the best beaches in the Bahamas is Cable Beach (6.5km strip) with easy access to casinos, restaurants, shops, bars and water sports. Cabbage Beach, with many mega hotels, you can relate it to Vegas. Xanadu Beach offers 97 km. of sandy shorelines could be quiet crowded. Tahiti Beach, an isolated beach that only a handful of people will reach, you can be sure to have some privacy. Worth mentioning for a visit, Pink Sands Beach, Ten Bay Beach, Saddle Cay, Stocking Island, and Cat Island.
Nassau located on Paradise Island, Bahamas offers the true Bahamian experience. English is spoken, and the American dollar is on par with Bahamian dollars. Nassau has a number of places to stay, among them Best Western Bay View Suites, Paradise Island Beach Club, Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort, Wyndham Nassau Resort, Cove Atlantis, British Colonial Hilton Nassau and many others. While in Nassau enjoy water sports, golf and tennis, learn about the Islandís culture and heritage, enjoy an afternoon of shopping, fine dining, or try your luck at two Vegas style casinos.
Bahamas Year Round Temperatures
- Capital: Nassau
- Currency: Bahamian dollar
- Driver's License: International license recommended. Must be 21 years old and have
a credit card. Bahamians drive on the LEFT.
- Electricity: 120V, 60Hz
- Entry Requirements: We recommend a valid passport. An official birth certificate and
photo id is accepted for stays not longer than 21 days. Return or onward ticket required.
- GMT Time: -5hr. Daylight savings time is applied.
- Government: Constitutional parliamentary democracy.
- Land size: 13,940 km2
- Language: English, Bahamian dialect
- National Airlines: Bahamasair
- Population: 301,790 approx
- Religion: Baptist 35%, Anglican 15%, Christian 15%, Roman Catholic 14%,
Pentecostal 8%, other 13%
- Requirred Vaccines: None
- Tourist Season: December through May
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel Report of Bahamas